The Sophomore REAL Community is designed to support sophomore students by providing intentional co-curricular experiences in the areas of academic success, career exploration, social networking, and personal development as students transition from their freshman to their sophomore year. Floor programs and activities are geared specifically toward sophomore transitional needs and areas of interest which will include opportunities to interact with professional staff and junior/senior peer mentors (Transition Leaders).
Here are just a few of the benefits you can receive as a Sophomore REAL Community member:
- Professional staff mentors and junior/senior peer mentors (Transition Leaders)
- Interaction with faculty and staff outside of the classroom or your department
- Specially designed transition events and activities targeted towards cultivating self-knowledge/efficacy, personal reflection, planning and growth
- Sophomore-specific opportunities such as Class Cause volunteer events and Class Identity programming
- Free admission to the annual Sophomore Retreat
- Edu-tainment programs which are both educational and entertaining
- Special sophomore-only giveaways
To apply for the Sophomore REAL Community located in Legends Hall select the REAL Community option on the Application Type step of the Housing application.