Do you want to be a part of a thriving community dedicated to UNT's top-tier Jazz Studies program? If so, you might consider the Jazz Studies REAL Community located in legendary Bruce Hall. The wing is only a short distance from the practice modules, which any Bruce resident can use, and the hall itself is located right across the street from the Music Building. This community is home to a talented group of musicians who seek to refine their craft, develop their improvisation skills, and become a well-rounded musician. Whether you're a Jazz Studies major, a music composition, education, or performance major, or just interested in these areas, this wing will provide you with a tight-knit community who all share a common interest in music, especially Jazz.
If you were to join the REAL Community for Jazz Studies students, you would encounter the following:
- Programs at your hall put on by Jazz Studies faculty/staff, which will deal specifically with your major.
- A field trip each semester, where you'll be able to visit a location that coincides with your interest in music.
- The opportunity to get to know Jazz/Music faculty in a less intimidating and more social setting.
- A chance to connect with other musicians and possibly form small groups to play with on the wing as well as a private combo/practice room on your wing.
- Weekly jam sessions in the Bruce Hall Concert Hall that give residents a chance to play other genres of music, as well as meeting new people, showing off their skills, and just enjoying the music-playing experience with fellow performers.
To apply for the Jazz Studies REAL Community located in Bruce Hall select the REAL Community option on the Application Type step of the Housing application.